Metro is the only prepaid brand offering advanced built-in scam protection, thanks to
T-Mobile's bigger and better network. So every customer can be better-protected—for FREE.
Qualifying service and capable device required. Enabling blocking may inadvertently block desired calls. Disable at any time. Info for some unknown numbers not available.
Multi-layered scam protection:
T-Mobile's supercharged network analyzes every call using A.I., machine learning, and patented technologies. And our defenses update every six minutes to stay ahead of scammers.
Americans get billions of scams and
robocalls every year. But Scam ID and
Scam Block technologies identify and help
stop them—before you ever get the call.
Plus, our customers are further-protected
by anti-spam text solutions we've had in
place since 2014.
Qualifying service & capable device required. Turning on Scam Block might block calls you want; disable anytime.
Know who's calling.
Now you'll see a caller's information, even if they're not in your contact list. With Scam Shield™, full Caller ID access is automatically included.
Qualifying service & capable device required.
LIMITED TIME OFFER
Be ID-aware with McAfee®
Metro customers enjoy the peace of mind that
comes with McAfee's identity theft protection
with a 12-month subscription ON US.
Ends 8/31/20. Qualifying service & time code
redemption required. 1 per line.
Have questions about Scam Shield™?
We've got answers.
How do I get Scam ID?
Scam ID is free and automatic for all Metro by T-Mobile customers; no action required.
How do I block a scam call on Metro?
There are a number of ways to turn on Scam Block:
- Download the free Scam Shield app and toggle on Scam Block
- Dial #662# from your Metro by T-Mobile device
- Log in to your account, then select My Account>Add Services>Protection>Scam Block
- In the MyMetro App, select Shop>Add Services>Confirm your PIN>Scam Block>Modify Services
- Dial 611 from your Metro device to speak to Care
What about scam/spam texts? Does T-Mobile block those?
We’ve had an anti-spam solution for mobile messaging including SMS, MMS, and RCS since 2014, and we include it at no additional charge for Metro customers. How it works:
- Our anti-spam message solution is updated regularly with spam message fingerprints and signatures. Whenever a mobile message is received on the network, it's checked against the anti-spam solution. If a message is determined to be spam or unwanted, we'll block it. Otherwise, the message will be delivered.
- Customers can report spam or unwanted messages by simply forwarding the messages to 7726. We'll reply with a confirmation text and forward the message to the Security Center for analysis. The message and your details are encrypted; your identity won't be shared.
- Replying “STOP” is usually a convenient way to quickly opt out of a message program. However, for unwanted spam texts, we recommend forwarding messages to 7726 and not replying. Similar to picking up an unknown robocall, spammers will use any texted reply (including “STOP”) as confirmation that they've reached a real person.