Scam Shield™ FAQs
How do I get Scam ID?
Scam ID is free and automatic for all Metro by T-Mobile customers; no action required.
How do I block a scam call on Metro?
There are a number of ways to turn on Scam Block:
- Download the free Scam Shield app and toggle on Scam Block
- Dial #662# from your Metro by T-Mobile device
- Log in to your account, then select My Account>Add Services>Protection>Scam Block
- In the MyMetro App, select Shop>Add Services>Confirm your PIN>Scam Block>Modify Services
- Dial 611 from your Metro device to speak to Care
What about scam/spam texts? Does T-Mobile block those?
We’ve had an anti-spam solution for mobile messaging including SMS, MMS, and RCS since 2014, and we include it at no additional charge for Metro customers. How it works:
- Our anti-spam message solution is updated regularly with spam message fingerprints and signatures. Whenever a mobile message is received on the network, it's checked against the anti-spam solution. If a message is determined to be spam or unwanted, we'll block it. Otherwise, the message will be delivered.
- Customers can report spam or unwanted messages by simply forwarding the messages to 7726. We'll reply with a confirmation text and forward the message to the Security Center for analysis. The message and your details are encrypted; your identity won't be shared.
- Replying “STOP” is usually a convenient way to quickly opt out of a message program. However, for unwanted spam texts, we recommend forwarding messages to 7726 and not replying. Similar to picking up an unknown robocall, spammers will use any texted reply (including “STOP”) as confirmation that they've reached a real person.
How do I get free Caller ID?
The free Caller ID can be activated one of the following ways:
- Download the Scam Shield app
- Add through one of our self-serve options: MyMetro app or online through MyAccount
- Visit a Retail store
- Call Care by dialing 611 from your Metro phone
How do I edit how my name shows up on Caller ID?
Log in to MyAccount , and select >Profile>Edit Caller ID, and edit how your own Caller ID displays when you make calls, then enter your legal name, or a commonly accepted variation. Profanity is not allowed. Changes will display within 72 hours. If your name change isn't working, please dial 611 from your phone and we’ll connect you to Care.
If your name change isn't working, please dial 611 from your phone and we’ll connect you to Care.
What is Scam Shield Premium?
Scam Shield Premium delivers advanced call controls beyond the free services included with Scam Shield, to help combat unwanted robocalls and manage nuisance calls, all for just $2/month. Features include:
How do I get Scam Shield Premium services?
You can activate Scam Shield Premium within the Scam Shield app, in MyAccount, the My Metro app, by visiting a retail store, or by calling Care.
Do I have to get Scam Shield Premium in order to get Caller ID?
No, Caller ID is an independent feature and does not require you having Scam Shield Premium.
How do I opt-out of Caller ID?
To remove the feature, simply go to the Scam Shield app from your Metro phone and in the “Settings” select toggle “off” for the Caller ID feature.