Stay covered with device insurance
Protect your device incase of loss, theft and other unexpected events life throws your way. Insurance must be added to your device withinn 30 days of purchasing it.
Loss and theft
Being without your device is stressful enough. We've got you covered if it's lost or stolen.
Major parts covered
Not only is your device covered, but so is the standard battery, standard home charger and standard SIM card.
Free next-day shipping
We know you need your device. We offer free next-business-day shipping for claims approved before 8:30 p.m. EST, in most cases.
Accidents happen and our device insurance covers most of them, including liquid damage.
Sometimes you need assistance outside business hours. Visit mymetroclaim.com any time, any day for help with filing and checking the status of the claim.
Includes mechanical or electrical breakdown-coverage after manufacturer warranty expires.
Stay covered with mobile security
Safeguard your device against online threats, viruses, data loss and risky apps. McAfee® Security for Metro by T‑Mobile with ID Theft Protection can be added to your device at any time.
Coverage for 10 devices
McAfee® Security for Metro by T‑Mobile with ID Theft Protection covers up to 10 smartphones, tablets, PC's and MAC's.
Identity Theft Protection
Detects and resolves identity theft to protect you from fraud.
Anti-theft & data protection
Track your lost device, sound an alarm, and lock and wipe your data remotely.
Antivirus and web security
Protects against viruses and malicious codes, blocks risky sites, warns about data-stealing apps and quards against unsecured networks.
True Key™ password management
Eliminate the hassle of remembering passwords with the True Key™ app.
Enrolling is simple
You can get Premium Handset Protection for as low as $5 per month per device1! Enroll in our stores, within 30 days of purchasing your new device.
Pricing varies depending on area code and device tier. to view pricing.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I file a claim
This site is the easiest way to file your claim. Go to the Home page and start at the "File, Continue and Track My Claim" section located at the right-hand side. You may also call Assurant at 1-800-316-2075 and a care specialist will help you through the process. You’ll need the following information:
- Your mobile number, serial number or IMEI
- Your device, make and model
- Description of what happened to your device and date of incident
- Contact info (we may ask for your government issued ID)
- Your account PIN number or security question (for security purposes)
- Payment method for deductible (can be paid by credit card/debit card/eCheck)
What if I can't find the serial number (IMEI) for my device?
Your 15-digit IMEI number is typically located underneath the battery but you can also check your device’s original packaging or purchase receipt. If your device is still working, dial *#06# to display the IMEI number. For some manufacturers it’s found in the settings. You can also call your mobile carrier to get it.
Where do I find my deductible?
What is McAfee Security for Metro by
T-Mobile with ID Theft Protection?
The suite of McAfee products includes:
- Anti-virus and data security protection for up to 10 devices with the McAfee Security for Metro app.
- Premium password management with the True Key ™ app.
- Identity Theft Protection with cyber monitoring, 24/7 live assistance for lost wallet coverage, identity fraud support and more.
What potential threats does McAfee Security for Metro by
T-Mobile protect against?
We’re here to help – by phone, by email, by fax or through our contact us form – reach out to us!
- Keep your identity and devices secure against the latest viruses, malware, and online threats.
- Ensure apps aren’t more intrusive than expected.
- Check for URL, developer reputation and risky app sources.
- Remove risky apps with one-tap uninstall.
- Get warned when apps are stealing your data and easily quarantine bad apps.
- Block infected and phishing websites.
- Be warned of unsecured
Wi-Ficonnections and hotspots.
- ID Protection has proprietary technology that scans online black markets and alerts you when your personal or financial info is at risk.
- Cyber Monitoring analyzes millions of data points in real time to alert you if your data is being misused.
- Lost Wallet helps you cancel and reissue wallet contents like ID, credit cards, medical cards and more if you lose your wallet.
- ID Restoration Service: Dedicated agents provide guidance and can even act on your behalf to help you restore your identity if it’s stolen.
How do I activate or register McAfee Security for Metro?
- Follow the link for the McAfee Security for Metro app from the text message you received or download it directly from the app store.
- To download the latest version of the McAfee Security for Metro app, click here or visit the Google Play™ store or App® Store.
- Create an account with your mobile number and email address.
- Turn on the requested permissions.
- Click “Set up” on the home screen to enable your premium features.
Visit mymetroclaim.com and select "Program Info" tab.
2The cost of PHP is made up of the cost of PHP Device Insurance, which may vary by area code and device tier, and $3 for McAfee® Security for Metro® by T‑Mobile with ID Theft Protection. You may purchase either device insurance or mobile security separately. Premium Handset Protection and the PHP Device Insurance plans must be purchased within 30 days from the date of the activation of your new device. You can enroll in McAfee Security for Metro by T‑Mobile with ID Theft Protection anytime. Your monthly plan cost will be itemized separately on your statement.
McAfee Security for Metro by T‑Mobile with ID Theft Protection is subject to McAfee’s Terms & Privacy and is for personal use on supported devices. Not all features are available for all operating systems. See which devices are supported by visiting System Requirements at mcafee.com/systemrequirements. For more information, visit mcafee.com/metroby
Your plan keeps you connected and protected, but it’s optional. You’re not required to obtain insurance in order to purchase services or devices and you may cancel at any time.
Certain claims limits and exclusions apply. Click here for more information.